Sunday, January 28, 2007

Losing 10 Years of Your Life...

It all started with naivety close to 20 years ago. ASEAN Scholarship - prestige, good education, glory, which is all actually full of bull-shits. As a result of being brainwashed by all those marketing bull-shits from Harry, Son & Co., and also believing in false advice from aunties and uncles, I've made the worst decision of my life that cost me 10 years of my life.

I've written a detailed blog on the scam Singapore government on Malaysians using the ASEAN scholarship here.

The Pain of the Lost Years
As a result of being locked in Singapore for 3 years, I have lost out the big opportunities during the bull-run in Malaysia during the mid 90s. A few secondary school classmates have already started their own business by mid 90s.

Due to the non-conducive environment in Singapore, my potential is not being fully met in this type of constraint. I couldn't do many things that I wanted to do. I couldn't start the type of business that I have in mind. And I have to endure all this mental torture until my bond was cleared and that's an extreme pain for me.

It was extremely painful to calculate how many more months I needed to endure before I can be cleared of the bond, and whether to pay off the penalty for the bond. In addition to this, I have also lost all those opportunities when I could be better off if I were not in Singapore. So many of my friends have tasted success while I'm stuck in that idiotic place.

All in all, I've spent 10 years in Singapore which includes the period for my A-level, university and also working there. Since the new millennium, I'm happily back and settled down in KL, achieving much more, and happily enjoying a much better and higher living standard as compared to my ASEAN ex-classmates and ex-colleagues in Singapore.

I considered all those ten years in Singapore as lost years.