Monday, February 5, 2007

Education Singapore - Is there something that Singapore government knows which they don't want you to know?

Forums and blogs are places to share info. We can always debate, and even if we disagree, we can always agree to disagree with open mind.

But apparently, someone was not happy with my writing, and sent something "not very nice" to me. I take that email as a veiled threat to my family and myself.

Here's the email that I received.

From: fuckmarkeleven20070205@yahoo.com
To: xxx@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:11:22 GMT
Subject: Be Careful

Mark Eleven,

It’s very easy to track you down. Even if you like to be a hero by blogging, always think about your family.

If I were you, I will blog carefully next time.


Later I found this very disturbing news :

"In a move to counter online criticism against the ruling People's Action Party (PAP), party members are going into the Internet forums and blogs to rebut anti-establishment views, a report here said.

They would scour Internet forums and blogs and post rebuttals anonymously..."

Full news here : http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news.php?id=244866


The thing is that my contact detail is not indicated at all in this blog. I can only guess that they actually did try very hard and managed to get my contact from one of the forums that I frequently participate. Someone at PAP hard at work?? Maybe....

If Singapore's education is as good as the Singapore government says and wants you to believe, there's no need to get paranoid and start threatening. A good system will be able to withstand any criticism. Unless, Singapore government knows something which they don't want you to know?

I will not update this blog anymore. My mission is complete, that's to provoke people to think deeper, instead of blindly accepting false marketing hype and myth as real truth. It's up to prospective Malaysian students who intend to further their education in Singapore to begin deeper thinking and consider all points and angle.